Paradise Publishing, Inc. (the “Company”) recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.foboko.com or other web sites owned or operated by the Company (the “Websites”) (collectively or individually “Users”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Websites. Company provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Websites.
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Company Terms of Service. Your use of the Websites and any personal information you provide on the Websites remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
Please note that any manuscript, text, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the Websites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
Note: You must be 18 years old or older to register as a customer of the Company.
The Information the Company Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, phone number, and physical contact information) to the Company when choosing to participate in various activities on the Websites such as uploading or downloading ebooks, videos, posting messages in our forums, entering contests or sweepstakes, dispute resolution, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Websites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Company uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Websites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Websites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any Websites. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Websites, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way the Company Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Websites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Websites.
- To process and fulfill your orders, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, posting manuscripts in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when they download any manuscripts you have uploaded to the Website. Any manuscripts that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Website changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Websites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Websites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
When the Company Discloses Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Websites, in which case, the Company may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. Please contact the Company with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personally identifiable information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices using this contact form. The Company will endeavor to respond to requests regarding personally identifiable information within thirty (30) days of receiving such requests.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
The Company does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks the Company to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Websites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Company and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, the Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If the Company learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Company may post a notice on the Websites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, the Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Websites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Websites is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Websites at any time or in any manner. If the Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Websites without verified parental consent, then the Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Compliance With Maine Predatory Marketing Law
The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons under the age of 18 whose IP address shows that person is located in Maine. If you are under 18 and are located in Maine, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that the Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “last modified date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Websites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Paradise Publishers Inc.
112 North Curry Street
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns.
In case of disputes, individuals can seek resolution of their questions or complaints regarding use and disclosure of their personal data in accordance with the principles contained in this policy. If you feel that the Company is not abiding by this policy, you should first contact the Company using the contact information provided above.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or you think it has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact the TRUSTe Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program at: http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php, or by mail at WatchDog Complaints, TRUSTe, 685 Market Street, Suite 270, San Francisco, CA, USA 94105, by phone at 415-520-3400, or by fax at 415-520-3420.
TRUSTe will act as a liaison to the Company to resolve your inquiries.
Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by contacting us using this contact form.