Environ dans une phrase (en anglais)
- It wasn’t that she was able to see Gerrid, merely impressions of the surrounding environ – some reference points.
- If the environ at the abbey or either of the princes’ lairs alter in any way, no matter how small, you will report it to me instantly.
- His consulting room could not have been less like the clinical environ of a surgery, with its large leather effect high backed chairs and accompanying fake fire.
- Yet Scott felt an increasing nausea, and the urge to remove his helmet in spite of the awareness of how suddenly and overwhelmingly the cold airless environ would take him.
- Convicts were, at that period, sometimes employed in quarrying stone from the lofty hills which environ Toulon, and it was not rare for them to have miners' tools at their command.
- But, does not my colleague know that one and the chief cause of the superiority of the British navy over the army, is, that in the navy men rise by merit—that they do not get in, to use a seaman's phrase, at the cabin windows—and that the army, if we give credit to the Parliamentary investigation, is a mere sink of corruption—a mere engine of patronage—a place in which a corrupt commander-in-chief acts according to his vile pleasure, and the pleasure of all the pimps and parasites and harlots who environ him.
- Blacksmiths with grimed and hairy chests environ the anvil,.