Venial dans une phrase (en anglais)
- Henderson along the road to justice was at worst a venial sin.
- What did you commit by so acting? A venial, or a mortal, sin? A venial sin, for you acted without evil intention.
- Let us remark in passing, that the burial of Mother Crucifixion under the altar of the convent is a perfectly venial offence in our sight.
- What did you commit by so acting? A venial, or a mortal, sin? A married again with the object of bearing children, your sin might be forgiven.
- There may be some fault even in this obedience; but the fault thus committed is venial; it is a fall, but a fall on the knees which may terminate in prayer.
- Besides this confession in a loud tone, for which all faults in the least serious are reserved, they have for their venial offences what they call the coulpe.
- While he spoke, however, the young soldier seized his rifle, and advancing toward the front, prepared to atone for his venial remissness, by freely exposing his life in defense of those he attended.
- You not only dispel illusion as to the source of immortality, but as to (1) the 'glory’ to which souls are supposed by Protestants to go on departure (so dispensing with, or undervaluing, the hope of resurrection at Christ's return from heaven); and (2) as to the condition of souls in Purgatory, where Romanists believe them to be chastised for the venial sins of a lifetime.