Skylark in a sentence | skylark example sentences
- The ’68 Buick Skylark was her baby, and she spoiled, petted, and coddled it.
- A moment later, Jonathan appeared and led me to his car, an old Buick Skylark he called Beatrice.
- He had been on the eighteenth green when the head of Skylark Studios sank his last putt and dropped dead.
- A few channels were throwing around rumors about a Buick Skylark with New York plates, and a supposedly dark-blue or black rusted-out Suburban—which would have worried Denny a lot more if his own Suburban wasn’t white.
- Detective Cross, is there any truth to the rumors about a blue Buick Skylark with New York plates—or a dark-colored, rusted-out Suburban—near the scene in Woodley Park? And can you tell us if either of those vehicles has been traced back to the killer?
- Tom joined the mob of skylarking scholars outside.
- I cherished no malice towards him, though he had been skylarking with me not a little in the matter of my bedfellow.
- Presently she gave over skylarking, and moved irresolutely about, sighing once or twice and glancing furtively and wistfully toward Tom.
- Tom took his whipping and went back to his seat not at all broken-hearted, for he thought it was possible that he had unknowingly upset the ink on the spelling-book himself, in some skylarking bout—he had denied it for form's sake and because it was custom, and had stuck to the denial from principle.
Unfortunately we have no example sentences for this word yet.
- Elowen could hear the soaring songs of skylarks.
- Swallows and skylarks returned to the site of Chernobyl’s environmental disaster only a year later.
- Above the lake we heard skylarks and lapwings and plovers and a harrier hen and probably ten others I’ve forgotten.