Pestiferous en una oración (en ingles)
- The den upon which his eye now rested was abject, dirty, fetid, pestiferous, mean, sordid.
- In his imagination rose the gloomy scenes of the hundreds and thousands of human beings pent up in the pestiferous air.
- The field of commerce at that period, so far from being blasted by pestiferous regulations, was extended by the effect of the restrictions adopted.
- No verdure is to be seen on its banks, nor fish to be found within its waters; but it is not true, that its exhalations are pestiferous, so as to destroy birds flying over it.
- Ramifications in every direction, crossings, of trenches, branches, goose-feet, stars, as in military mines, coecum, blind alleys, vaults lined with saltpetre, pestiferous pools, scabby sweats, on the walls, drops dripping from the ceilings, darkness; nothing could equal the horror of this old, waste crypt, the digestive apparatus of Babylon, a cavern, ditch, gulf pierced with streets, a titanic mole-burrow, where the mind seems to behold that enormous blind mole, the past, prowling through the shadows, in the filth which has been splendor.
- Antonomasia in their original form; and when the squirely flagellation shall have been completed, the white dove shall find herself delivered from the pestiferous gerfalcons that persecute her, and in the arms of her beloved mate; for such is the decree of the sage Merlin,.