Scintillation sätze (in englisch)
- The scintillation and glitter of light destroys this touch idea, which is better preserved in quieter lightings.
- There was such a gasp as changed the scintillation, the goings and comings of light in the prisms of the little chandeliers over the bar.
- Rising above the black denseness of the trees and above the waving fronds, the moon silvered the river, and their wake became a rippling scintillation of phosphorescent bubbles that widened like a shining road of bursting jewels.
- And although interesting attempts are being made to produce imaginative works founded on the impressionist point of view of light and air, the loss of imaginative appeal consequent upon the destruction of contours by scintillation, atmosphere, &c.
- The analog was served by the scintillation counter: one ground up millions of cells then measured whatever radioactivity was left behind in the stew after centrifugation; the digital was to be found in cloning experiments where any necessary measurements would be done on a cell-by-cell basis.
- And now he saw by the heap of shavings still fresh at his feet, that, for him and his work, the former lapse of time had been an illusion, and that no more time had elapsed than is required for a single scintillation from the brain of Brahma to fall on and inflame the tinder of a mortal brain.