Soberness in a sentence | soberness example sentences
- This was a time of soberness and sincerity.
- Chantry had recovered and brought the meeting back into its soberness of discussion.
- But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
- Men who are dr^mk but not quite hopelessly drunk, sometimes have moments of absolute soberness.
- It was, indeed, quite true that the household had not been shining examples either of temperance, soberness, or chastity.
- Also, may God continue to build in us a profound respect for those martyrs that have gone on before us in the Church,618 and to help us realize that the Christianity in our day needs more soberness in it—a martyr spirit that will proclaim the Gospel at all costs to the world around it.
- Yates had staid to see the destruction of every theatrical preparation at Mansfield, the removal of everything appertaining to the play: he left the house in all the soberness of its general character; and Sir Thomas hoped, in seeing him out of it, to be rid of the worst object connected with the scheme, and the last that must be inevitably reminding him of its existence.
- He had so often gone over in his mind the possibility of explaining everything without aggravating appearances that would tell, perhaps unfairly, against Bulstrode, and had so often decided against it—he had so often said to himself that his assertions would not change people's impressions—that Dorothea's words sounded like a temptation to do something which in his soberness he had pronounced to be unreasonable.