Chasten in a sentence | chasten example sentences
- To chasten and subdue.
- As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
- If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of.
- For as many as I love I rebuke and chasten, making them meet for The Master’s use, once again.
- True, wise fathers may chasten their sons, but they do all this in love and for corrective purposes.
- He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord; and that which he has given he will repay him again; Chasten your son while there.
- We say that neither the dominant influence of the enchanters and the devils over people nor the hardships which the Almighty imposes upon them are the things that purify or chasten the spirit.
- Whatever ground of hope or belief in the good faith of France existed at the time of issuing the proclamation, subsequent events have removed those grounds from under our feet, and blasted all our hopes; the wily policy of the French Court stands confessed; the Emperor loves but to chasten; he seduces but to destroy.