Choose language
    Synonyms and Definitions

    Use "education" in a sentence

    education example sentences


    1. There are a number of NGOs doing good work in the field of healthcare, bringing up parentless and destitute children, care of physically handicapped, education of poor children, nourishment for patients and disaster management and rehabilitation

    2. But if you are in this age group then you would be in a bit of a dilemma: trying to catch-up on retirement planning at the same time paying/saving for your children's higher education

    3. How serious? Consider this scenario: one of your students starts running around the classroom with his pants on his head, yelling profanities about the education system

    4. ’ He said sitting himself down on the bed, ‘It was an education, I can tell you

    5. Lopez’s mission is the education of the public on the necessity to quit using chemicals altogether and in the meantime, to properly dispose of their waste - so that one day the earth may return to its natural cycle of growing and decomposing

    6. ‘Dad got an education – trained as a skilled worker and got a job in the aeronautical industry based in Bristol

    7. What she has to say about Dan Sadler is an education

    8. Education: Washington County Public Schools

    9. She’d been amazed by the overabundance of cleaning materials that she had correctly guessed would be stored in the cupboard under the sink – some things defy cultural differences! Kneeling on the floor, all the better to examine the various spray containers and bottles piled in there, her amazement turned into confusion … there were plastic spray bottles for limescale removal, disinfecting the worktops … apparently killing 99% of all known germs - though that did raise the question of what danger the remaining 1% presented if it was so vital to get rid of the things … bottles of cream for cleaning the sink and another, lavender scented, for polishing wood, a big bottle of bleach that at least smelt familiar, and noxious substances for cleaning the oven that had signs warning of danger plastered all over them … it was an education

    10. be a colony on Mars; individuals I am certain will have nullification, or college education) and thus would all be friends and loved ones back here on Earth

    Show more examples

    Synonyms for "education"

    education didactics educational activity instruction pedagogy teaching breeding training department of education education department background culture wisdom erudition enlightenment scholarship edification study schooling direction tutelage

    "education" definitions

    the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill

    knowledge acquired by learning and instruction

    the gradual process of acquiring knowledge

    the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university)

    the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior)

    the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979