Frasi con cohere (in inglese)
- Homologous parts tend to vary in the same manner, and homologous parts tend to cohere.
- In other orchids the threads cohere at one end of the pollen-masses; and this forms the first or nascent trace of a caudicle.
- Homologous parts, as has been remarked by some authors, tend to cohere; this is often seen in monstrous plants: and nothing is more common than the union of homologous parts in normal structures, as in the union of the petals into a tube.
- With the pollinia of orchids, the threads which originally served to tie together the pollen-grains, can be traced cohering into caudicles; and the steps can likewise be followed by which viscid matter, such as that secreted by the stigmas of ordinary flowers, and still subserving nearly but not quite the same purpose, became attached to the free ends of the caudicles—all these gradations being of manifest benefit to the plants in question.
- At the base of the mainmast, full beneath the doubloon and the flame, the Parsee was kneeling in Ahab's front, but with his head bowed away from him; while near by, from the arched and overhanging rigging, where they had just been engaged securing a spar, a number of the seamen, arrested by the glare, now cohered together, and hung pendulous, like a knot of numbed wasps from a drooping, orchard twig.
- For it the nebula cohered to an orb,.
- Do you think matter has cohered together from its diffuse float, and the soil is on the surface, and water runs and vegetation sprouts,.
Sfortunatamente non abbiamo ancora frasi di esempio per questa parola.